Reigate Youth Football Club (“we”, “our”, “us”) take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice sets out how Reigate Youth Football Club (“we”) use and look after the personal information we collect from you. We are the data controller, responsible for the processing of any personal data you give us. We take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of it. In particular, we store your data on a database provided by Bold Image, who are registered with the ICO as a Data Processor.
What personal data we hold on you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified.
We collect, use, store and transfer some personal data of our participants [and their parents or guardians], and other Club members.
You provide information about yourself when you register with the Club, and by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, gender, and the contact details of a third party in the case of emergency. We may also ask for relevant health information, which is classed as special category personal data, for the purposes of your health, wellbeing, welfare and safeguarding.
Where we hold this data it will be with the explicit consent of the participant or, if applicable, the participant’s parent or guardian.
Where we need to collect personal data to fulfil Club responsibilities and you do not provide that data, we may not be able honour or administer your membership.
Why we need your personal data
We will only use personal data for any purpose for which it has been specifically provided. The reason we need participants’ and members’ personal data is to be able to run the football club and arrange matches, to administer memberships, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a participant or member to provide the services you are registering for.
We have set out below a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data and, in brackets, which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Purpose/ Processing Activity
- processing membership forms and payments/ subs (performance of acontract)
- organising matches (performance of a contract)
- sending out match or Club information and updates (performance of a contract)
- sharing data with coaches, managers or officials to run training sessions or enter events (performance of a contract)
- sharing data with leagues we are in membership of, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events (performance of a contract)
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events (The Club has a legitimate
- interest to maintain member and participant correspondence for club community purposes).
- sharing data with third party service or facility providers (The Club has a legitimate interest to run the organisation efficiently and as it sees fit. Provision of some third party services is for the benefit of the Club, participants and its members.)
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority (The Club has a legitimate interest to run the organisation
- efficiently and as it sees fit. Application for funding is a purpose that benefits the Club, participants and its members.)
- publishing match and league results (Consent. We will only publish your personal data in a public domain, including images and names, if you have given your
- consent for us to do so. In the case of children under the age of 13 then only with written consent of parent/guardian)
to ensure we understand possible health risks (Consent. We will only process details on your medical history with your consent.)
Who we share your personal data with
When you become a member of the Club, your information, if you are a coach or volunteer will be or if you are another participant may be (depending upon which league(s) your team plays in) entered onto the Whole Game System database, which is administered by the FA. We may also pass your information to the County FA and to leagues to register participants and the team for matches, tournaments or other events, and for affiliation purposes.
We may share your personal data with selected third parties, suppliers and sub-contractors such as referees, coaches or match organisers. Third-party service providers will only process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our participants, members or affiliates, or others.
The Club’s data processing may require your personal data to be transferred outside of the UK. Where the Club does transfer your personal data overseas it is with the sufficient appropriate safeguards in place to ensure the security of that personal data.
Protection of your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being ccidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
How long we hold your personal data
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. However, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, we will not be able to register or administer your membership.
Your data will be managed by Bold Image in a secure hosting environment. Your data will be retained within the European Economic Area (EEA) other than where it is transferred to a third party for the purpose of setting up a payment regime where it will only leave the EEA if security meets the EU’s security requirements.